It's not easy being an IT security admin lately. Software-defined networking (SDN) and the software-defined data center (SDDC) are here to stay, with promises of increased agility and productivity, and improved security. But as with any major technology transition, enterprises are experiencing some growing pains. The migration toward SDN often results in a mix of both on-premises and cloud-based solutions, contributing to a complex, hybrid network architecture that places additional pressure on IT teams already struggling to manage security policies and change processes – all while keeping pace with growing business demands.
Tufin is in Las Vegas this week for VMworld 2016, where we will be showing enterprises how to not only maintain network visibility through a single pane of glass, but automatically design, provision, analyze and audit security policy changes from the application layer down to the network layer. Using network security policy orchestration, we see an opportunity to help network administrators reduce the attack surface and provide organizations with the tools they need to achieve rapid service delivery, continuous compliance, and business agility across their hybrid cloud and physical networks. As referenced in Sai Balabhadrapatruni's blog, we're able to operate in almost any network environment, thanks to our deep partnerships and integrations with solutions like VMware NSX and Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall, among many others.
VMworld conference attendees and followers looking to manage both physical and virtual firewalls, along with their micro-segmented network using NSX, can learn more about how to benefit from:
- Greater visibility and control: Understanding and enforcing network segmentation is a major challenge for IT experts. Gaining visibility across Palo Alto next-gen firewalls, as well as VMware NSX security groups, from a singular, holistic viewpoint provides real-time monitoring of policy changes across heterogeneous environments. Tufin's Unified Security Policy Matrix visually maps network zone-to-zone traffic flows to provide insight into the enterprise's micro-segmentation.
- Proactive risk analysis: Every policy change represents a potential threat to data security and application availability. As part of the automated change process, Tufin proactively gives customers a “before and after” view across their hybrid security environment including Palo Alto next-gen firewalls, NSX Distributed Firewall, and other leading firewall vendors; ensuring no new risks are introduced into the network.
- More control with unified security policy management: Tufin enables continuous monitoring of your security infrastructure (across physical, virtual, and cloud firewalls) against a single, unified organizational security policy. This maintains conformity of firewall rules with desired security and compliance posture.
- Simplified data center and application migration: Migrating applications and translating security policies when transitioning from physical to cloud infrastructure requires significant time and effort. Automatic application discovery, application-centric compliance checks, and application-driven provisioning of security policy changes can streamline this process, removing key deployment barriers to drive faster NSX adoption.
- Continuous regulatory compliance: Every firewall policy change is evaluated before and after implementation to ensure it meets compliance with industry standards such as PCI DSS, NERC CIP and SOX.
To fully reap the benefits of SDN and SDDC, enterprises must ensure consistent security behavior and micro-segmentation policies throughout the data center, across both physical and virtual networks, and hybrid cloud environments. Tufin Security Policy Orchestration solution allows them to do just that!
Visit the Tufin booth #635 at VMworld August 28-September 1:
- Learn more about our integration with technology partners such as Palo Alto Networks and VMware
- Join our Meet the Expert Session August 30th at 2:45pm “Securing the Next-Generation Network,” by Sai Balabhadrapatruni, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Palo Alto Networks
An on-demand video of the Meet the Expert session will be available soon on Tufin's online channels.