The Technical Training Developer will be responsible for instructional design of end-to-end technical course development. The ideal candidate will create new training material and e-learning modules as well as update existing training content to facilitate successful learning outcomes and objectives.
Highlights of the role include:
- Work with Product and R&D stakeholders to define, design and deliver a visionary professional development curriculum.
- Be able to articulate highly technical terms into easy-to-understand concepts / flows.
- Draft course outlines including learning outcomes and objectives based on the end user job roles and tasks.
- Align training efforts with business goals, define course and learner objectives and design training to deliver measurable business results.
- Work with internal and external customers to meet training needs and requirements.
- Learn new technologies in a limited amount of time and develop materials to follow.
- Work with subject matter experts to understand content of training from an industry perspective.
- Produce all training materials, including micro-learning visuals, software simulations and other interactive tools.
- Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for LMS administration tasks.
- B.A. / B.S in computer technology, instructional design, education, technical writing, information technology, or any other educational and/or technology degree is a plus.
5+ years developing training for technology implementations.
- 2+ years micro-learning visual tools e.g. Camtasia, Adobe, or any other learning editors tools
- Ability to comprehend and articulate deep technical concepts to multiple audience types.
- Write instructional content that is concise, engaging, and appropriate for the audience.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Can adapt quickly to a constantly evolving product life cycle.
- Prior experience with LMS integration and maintenance is highly desired.
- Advantage - Knowledge of networking, including firewalls, routers, load balancers etc.