Americas Sales • Boston Area
The Sales Operations, Enablement function will act as an integrating role between various sales and marketing areas, including sales operations, sales development/ training, product marketing, content marketing, field marketing and HR. This position is responsible for leading the Sales Enablement initiatives for the Field Sales roles (named account reps, territory reps, sales specialists, inside sales and partner managers) to increase the sales productivity and support the sales force transformation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct an analysis of the current state of sales productivity in conjunction with Sales Operations.
- Establish metrics and objectives for sales enablement and make recommendations for increasing sales productivity.
- Map company’s sales process with our customer’s buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process and tools are required by our sales force to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes.
- Conduct an analysis of current skills, processes, knowledge and processes to and work with the sales leadership team to identify strengths and areas for development.
- Develop and manage the 6-12 month Sales Enablement roadmap.
- Implement the development, delivery and training of effective sales playbooks by Field Sales role in tight collaboration with Field Sales (especially first-line managers), sales operations, education and product marketing.
- Create and update playbooks based on seller feedback and shifting market demands.
- Help create a development program for frontline managers to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes and tools required to lead their sales teams effectively.
- Roll out a comprehensive on-boarding program through direct and third-party resources in tight collaboration with HR.
- Partner with sales leadership and HR to establish a sales competency and assessment framework to ensure that the needs of salespeople, and their managers, are met.
- Drive, in a measurable way, significant sales productivity increases for company’s Field Sales roles.
- Utilize and leverage sales technology tools for reporting and benchmarking.
- Participate in the selection and implementation/deployment of technologies to be used by the Field-force to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Regularly spend time in the field with managers and reps to understand the “field reality” and build sales enablement deliverables to meet their needs.
Location: Boston, MA
- BS/BA Required.
- Minimum of 10 years of sales/sales operations/sales enablement experience with global high tech B2B organizations.
- Direct Field Sales and Field Sales Management experience and proven track record required (quota carrying).
- Experience creating and implementing successful sales process/methodology/ sales playbook initiatives.
- Experience building effective field sales on-boarding and sales training programs.
- Experience with CRM (such as Salesforce.com) and sales enablement platforms (such as SAVO).
- Ability to create and track metrics which demonstrate constant increases in sales productivity.
- Strategic planning and thinking.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way.
- Creative thinking and ability to innovate.
- Ability to work cross-functionally for the greater good of the company.
- A passion for the profession of sales.