Pre-Sales Engineer: Location: NYC
Tufin is the leader in Network Security Policy Orchestration for enterprise cyber-security. Our customers turn to Tufin to simplify management of some of the largest, most complex networks in the world, consisting of thousands of firewall and network devices and emerging hybrid cloud infrastructures. Enterprises select the company’s award-winning Tufin Orchestration Suite to increase agility in the face of ever-changing business demands while maintaining a robust security posture. The Suite reduces the attack surface and meets the need for greater visibility into secure and reliable application connectivity. Its network security automation enables enterprises to implement changes in minutes with proactive risk analysis and continuous policy compliance.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and yearly products/services sales goals.
- Provide extensive tactical and strategic pre-sales support for the Tufin inside sales team.
- Build relationships with key partner leaders/engineers
- Identify and develop business opportunities with potential customers/channels/partner.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to various entities for the purpose of promoting and selling Tufin products/ services. Entities include: potential customers, existing customers, partners, and resellers. pre-sales activities will also include close interaction with internal groups such as product management, marketing, R&D and post-sales support.
- Initiate and manage numerous remote proof of concept installations.
- Development of technical enablement strategies and plans for channel partners
- Training partners and resellers on the proper positioning and technical sales of Tufin products.
- Interfacing with R&D & Product Management for the purpose of articulating collected RFEs and the associated business cases
- Ongoing collection and dissemination of technical competitive information
- Execute responsibilities using all possible media and methods including conference calls, emails, web demonstrations, on site visits, public presentations, trade show attendance and more.
- Be Tufin technical expert: know security, networking, competition, and channels business dynamics
- 2+ years firewall experience and 7+ years customer-facing
- Practiced experience with development, delivery and deployment
- Ability to work in a team sales environment, participating in sales strategies as well as individual stand-alone sales activities.
- Ability to understand the highly charged sales situations and hidden agendas
- Highly developed interpersonal skill
- Strong presentation and pitch skills
- Ability to rapidly understand and articulate new technology.
- A high sense of urgency and deep interest in serving the customer.
Hands on functional experience with multiple firewalls platforms to include some of the following:
- Check Point Firewall-1, Provider-1, and VSX
- Cisco FWSM, CSM, ASA, routers and switches
- Juniper Firewalls and NSM
- Fortinet Fortigate
- Palo Alto
- Cloud Security (NSX, OpenStack, AWS etc…)
- A deep current and historical understanding of firewall and security architectures.
- A strong working knowledge of application development cycles, delivery and deployment
- Hands on functional understanding of supporting technologies such as SSH, LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, TACACS, SIM, and event correlation.
- Hands on functional understanding of parallel technologies such a VMWare, APT, Cloud (AWS, Azure, NSX, OpenStack) and F5.
- Hands on, strong functional understanding of networking
- Knowledge & Experience in Linux – a must
- Knowledge & Experience with scripting (Bash, Python) – desired
- Knowledge & Experience developing in C and Java – a plus
- Required travel could reach 50% at times
- Some international travel is required