Last updated February 15th, 2023 by Sattwik Gavli
While the cloud offers agility and immediate scale, as the rate of cloud adoption explodes, so does the attack surface. The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has seen a surge in attacks that exploit the risky ports, unmanaged policies and misconfigurations of cloud networks. After aggregating input from thousands of reported security breaches, CISA has announced its findings with strong recommendations. When it comes to cloud security, you should consider the following:
- Bad actors are primarily leveraging egress and ingress traffic flows to gain access to sensitive data
- Access is most easily gained to organizations with weak, or nonexistent network security policies
- An approach of least privilege and/or conditional access is recommended
As organizations seek to implement a Zero Touch approach to security, there are paths that can enable their objective.
The cloud solution from Tufin provides visibility across your environment from on-prem to cloud. You can see exposed risky ports including RDP across all of your cloud providers and understand what is talking to what and who is talking to whom. Tufin’s solution can learn your existing policies and apply them to manage access and protect against malicious attacks or data exfiltration attempts.
In the short demo below, we demonstrate just how Tufin can protect egress and ingress traffic according to your policies—and the recommended guidance from CISA.
Want to gain an understanding of the vulnerabilities in your cloud environment? Get your free no-obligation cloud security assessment to:
- Identify open connections that are leaving your network vulnerable to attacks
- Get a free security posture report of your network’s current state
- Apply network security policies as recommended by CISA to protect your network and avoid breaches