New Permissive Firewall Policy Optimization Features Enable Security Teams to Instantly Identify and Remediate Potential Policy Risks
Tufin Technologies, the leading provider of Security Lifecycle Management solutions, today unveiled version 5.3 of its award-winning Tufin Security Suite (TSS), which features enhancements that further accelerate Tufin's market lead and significantly raises the bar for what any organization should expect from firewall operations, compliance and change automation solutions. Tufin will demonstrate its new release next week at the RSA Conference 2011 in San Francisco, in its Booth No. 2551.
The Tufin Security Suite is made up of two core products: SecureTrack, Tufin's firewall operations, compliance and auditing product; and SecureChange Workflow, Tufin's security change automation solution. Enhancements to SecureTrack include:
- Enhanced Automatic Policy Generator (APG). SecureTrack's Automatic Policy Generator enables administrators to instantly create a firewall rule base through analysis of firewall traffic logs. TSS 5.3 includes an enhanced, interactive interface as well as new features that enable security teams to rapidly diagnose and remediate excessively permissive security policy rules, including:
- ermissiveness Score: APG now reviews security policies for firewalls, routers or other network devices and assigns a permissiveness score to every rule. With the permissiveness score, security teams can instantly identify and address potential risks.
- Permissive Rule Optimization: APG provides specific recommendations on how to optimize overly permissive rules. Since there is a tradeoff between the degree of permissiveness and the number of rules generated, security managers can adjust the optimization level before and after the analysis.
- Zone Manager. SecureTrack's new Zone Manager provides a central interface for defining and managing network zones. All SecureTrack features access the zone manager, making it faster and easier than ever before to define reports and queries in SecureTrack. It is also possible to export zone definitions for use in other management systems.
- PCI DSS Support for Industry Standard-Version 2.0. SecureTrack's Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) Audit Report now supports the latest version of the industry standard, version 2.0. The automated report helps organizations address the requirements relating to firewall auditing, network security, data safety, access control, and accountability.
In addition to the latest advances in SecureTrack, Tufin's SecureChange Workflow change automation tool is also updated to include an out-of-the-box API for integration with the popular BMC Remedy Change Management system. The enhanced API enables SecureChange Workflow to automatically update the enterprise change management system in order to comply with organizational change policies.
"As the leader in Security Lifecycle Management, Tufin has a broad customer base which works closely with us to identify product updates to keep up with their changing, complex firewall management and compliance needs," said Ruvi Kitov, CEO and Co-Founder, Tufin Technologies. "With this new release, SecureTrack addresses the latest in firewall compliance and automation requirements as demanded by enterprises. Coupled with our recent announcement of next-generation firewall support, SecureTrack is today's most comprehensive solution for firewall management."
Availability and Pricing
The latest version of SecureTrack and SecureChange Workflow are planned to be released for general availability on 21-Feb-2011. Pricing starts at $20,000.
About Tufin Technologies
Tufin™ is the leading provider of Security Lifecycle Management solutions that enable companies to cost-effectively manage their network security policy, comply with regulatory standards, and minimize IT risk. Tufin's award-winning products SecureTrack™ and SecureChange™ Workflow help security operations teams to manage change and perform reliable audits while dramatically reducing manual, repetitive tasks through automation. Founded in 2005 by leading firewall and business systems experts, Tufin serves more than 700 customers in industries from telecom and financial services to energy, transportation and pharmaceuticals. Tufin partners with leading vendors including Check Point, Cisco, Juniper Networks, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, F5, Blue Coat, McAfee and BMC Software, and is committed to setting the gold standard for technological innovation and dedicated customer service.
For more information visit www.tufin.com, or follow Tufin on:
- Twitter at http://twitter.com/TufinTech
- LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/tufin-technologies
- Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Tufintech
- The Tufin Blog at http://www.tufin.com/blog
- The Tufin Channel on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/Tufintech