PCI DSS Continuous Compliance, Increased Device Support, and Change Provisioning for Cisco Round Out New Product Release
Tufin Technologies, the market-leading provider of Security Policy Management solutions, today announced version R13-1 of its award-winning Tufin Security Suite (TSS). TSS R13-1 offers a set of strategic enhancements that break new ground in network security operations, compliance and change management, while continuing to lead the market for automated application connectivity, which according to survey data published today by Tufin, is the number one use case for firewall management.
"By recognizing the integral role that network security systems such as firewalls play in assuring not only application protection but also performance and availability, Tufin... provides much needed closure to a gap in comprehensive application management that far too often goes neglected, yet one that can have a substantial impact on the business if not managed on a par with other aspects of business-critical applications" said Enterprise Management Associates analyst Jim Frey in a 2012 report titled "Tufin Closes the Application Gap in Complex Firewall Management with SecureApp".
In order to address an expanded set of business requirements, Tufin has added key enhancements in R13-1, including:
- Continuous Compliance with PCI DSS- New automation continuously monitors all firewall policy changes for compliance with PCI DSS and flags any change that appears to break compliance. TSS's enhanced Compliance Browser provides a real time view of the organization's compliance posture with drill-downs to analysis and remediation tools. It transforms PCI DSS firewall audit preparation from a week-long endeavor to "one- click", enabling organizations to quickly achieve compliance with the firewall-related PCI DSS requirements.
- New Device Support: Committed to delivering deeper and wider support for Cisco devices, TSS now supports Cisco zone-based firewalls and Cisco IOS XR. TSS R13-1 also includes support for Fortinet FortiManager.
- Network Topology Enhancements:TSS's network topology now includes support for virtual routers and MPLS VPNs, resulting in a more detailed and accurate network topology map that allows security operations teams to more efficiently and accurately plan changes.
- Automated Change Provisioning for Cisco ASA firewalls: Delivering on Tufin's vision for end-to-end policy management, SecureChange now automates change provisioning for Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Application Connection Discovery: Automatically identifies the possible resources and connections participating in networked enterprise applications. This enables application owners and network engineers to easily complete an application connection requirement without thorough knowledge of the network.
- Application Connection Analysis and Diagnostics:Provides an instant snapshot of the relationship between an application connection and the underlying network and firewall policies, enabling network and applications teams to quickly diagnose connectivity problems or plan network and policy changes.
"The innovator's dilemma is to execute on the roadmap in a way that balances short and long term customer requirements," said Reuven Harrison, CTO, Tufin. "TSS R13-1 strikes that balance by adding support for new devices while extending the depth and breadth of automation across key fronts. With firewalls acting as the lynchpin between applications and the network, we believe that the enhancements to TSS R13-1 foster collaboration between applications and network teams, thereby exponentially increasing the business value of firewall management."
Pricing and Availability
TSS R13-1 will be generally available in April 2013. Pricing is broken down by product: SecureTrack starts at $20,000 for 10 firewalls, SecureChange at $35,000 for 10 firewalls, and SecureApp at $45,000 for 10 applications.