Company sees 80% growth in adoption of automation solutions
BOSTON – February 28, 2017 – Tufin®, the market-leading provider of Network Security Policy Orchestration, announced its 2016 results, growing 50% year-over-year (YoY) and reporting positive cash flow, as well as 80% growth in adoption of its automation solutions YoY – evidence of the recognition and rapid adoption of Network Security Policy Management (NSPM), led by Tufin since its inception in 2005.
Tufin expanded its market share even further, adding 242 new customers and ending the year with more than 1,900 customers as organizations fully realized the benefits, cost and time savings, and agility that come with automating their security policies. In addition, 40 companies in the Fortune 100 are now Tufin customers. These wins are further proof of the growing demand for NSPM solutions. Industry analysts have noticed this emerging market as well, with Gartner giving NSPM a benefit rating of “high” in its recent “Hype Cycle for Infrastructure Protection” report. “Since Tufin opened its doors in 2005, we’ve led NSPM, paving the path towards the success that the market saw in 2016,” said Ruvi Kitov, CEO, Tufin.
“As leaders in the space, we’ll build on the momentum that we launched 12 years ago and continue to grow our presence in the market, offering the very best solutions to enable organizations to automate and orchestrate network changes, while maintaining security and compliance. We envision that the market demand we’ve seen in 2016 will grow along with the increasing complexity of today’s hybrid enterprise networks. Tufin is already answering that call.”
Cloud and Compliance Demands Contribute to Growth
In addition to the growing adoption of the company’s automation solutions, Tufin’s cloud adoption is accelerating. Organizations struggle to keep up with security and compliance demands in hybrid network environments, and Tufin addresses those challenges with its cloud solution. The company has more than tripled its cloud business and added a significant number of new cloud customers in 2016, as a growing number of companies feel increasingly confident extending their data centers with Tufin hybrid solutions.
New Additions to the Executive Management Team
In the last year, Tufin added two executives to its management team. In June 2016, Tufin announced the appointment of a new Chief Marketing Officer, Pat Walsh, who brings over 25 years of experience in the IT infrastructure software industry. More recently, Tufin welcomed Bhanu Sareddy to the role of Vice President of Services and Support. Bhanu has over 20 years of experience in technical support and services leadership in the network and security industries. Both appointments are strong additions to
Tufin’s growing team, will help bolster its presence in North America, and will further position the company for continued growth in the future. Continued Innovation Through Quarterly Releases As a testament to Tufin’s mission to continuously offer customers the most cutting-edge solutions in NSPM, the company announced four updates to its award-winning Tufin Orchestration Suite. Major updated offerings include:
- The unification of security policy management across Amazon Web Services and on-premises platforms;
- End-to-end, policy-based change automation for Amazon Web Services, providing requisite security and compliance checks for each change;
- End-to-end policy-based change automation for Fortinet customers with automated provisioning of FortiManager ADOM policies;
- Extended integration with Palo Alto Networks to bolster productivity for seamless cybersecurity and business agility with end-to-end change automation across Panorama device groups; and
- Support for Check Point R80 Security Management, delivering end-to-end change automation and continuous policy compliance for joint customers across hybrid networks.
Tufin Orchestration Suite received a 5-star product review by SC Magazine. New Partnership Initiatives To enable customers to fully leverage the power of Tufin Orchestration Suite, regardless of network complexity and multi-vendor environments, the company partners with multiple industry leaders. In 2016, Tufin announced new initiatives with several of its technological alliances, including:
- Joining the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) and making Tufin Orchestration Suite available on AWS Marketplace to increase visibility with AWS customers;
- Joining Fortinet’s Fabric-Ready Partner Program and integrating the Tufin Orchestration Suite with the Fortinet Security Fabric; and
- Integrating the Tufin Orchestration Suite with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI) to deliver unified security policy management across physical and public, private and hybrid cloud networks. In addition, Tufin joined the Cisco Tetration Analytics platform ecosystem, combining Tetration Analytics with Tufin Orchestration Suite to bring a new level of network and security analysis to the data center.
Tufin was also the recipient of two Best of VMWorld Awards, winning Best in Show and taking first place in the Agility and Automation category.