Tufin®, the leader in Security Policy Orchestration, today announced an integration with the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall to help enterprises automate orchestration of their network security policies. This integration supports agile and risk-free policy modifications that are essential for enterprises to remain compliant and secure as networks become increasingly heterogeneous and dynamic. Tufin enables greater automation across complex, heterogeneous network and application environments.
“Understanding end-to-end network topology, across all platforms, physical and cloud, private and public, enables us to deliver smart security automation that is completely decoupled from network complexity,” said Reuven Harrison, CTO, Tufin. “By teaming with Palo Alto Networks on this integration, we are able to provide customers with the much needed next-generation firewall policy orchestration, which, as the first solution of its kind, also includes application-awareness.”
Every change made to the firewall policy is a potential threat to data security and application availability. Most breaches in recent years have occurred due to human misconfiguration. Simulating the impact of a change is virtually impossible without the proper tools. As part of the automated change process, Tufin Orchestration Suite proactively checks every access change against the corporate security policies to identify and flag potential risks prior to implementation in order to ensure an agile, secure and compliant change process.
“We are excited to join forces with Tufin, a leader in the Security Policy Orchestration market,” says Scott Gainey, VP of Product Marketing and Programs at Palo Alto Networks. “The technology integration between Palo Alto Networks and Tufin’s Orchestration Suite will be highly beneficial to customers and presents valuable complementary capabilities, such as the optimization of next-generation firewall policies by identifying rules and objects that are misconfigured or recommendations for aligning next-generation firewall policies with industry best practices.”
Benefits of this technology integration include:
- Automated policy orchestration across heterogeneous networks, devices, and applications.
- Detailed insights into network segmentation, including the services allowed between different network zones across physical, virtual and hybrid cloud networks.
- Easy audit preparation and troubleshooting through an automatic audit trail.
- Cutting-edge simulation and analysis, a detailed change plan is suggested and, once approved, deployed to the firewalls. This ensures quick and accurate processes to grant the needed application connectivity while maintaining the network security policy.
- Implementation of network changes securely in a matter of minutes.
- Eliminating human errors throughout security and firewall modifications.