The panel discussion hosted by Wall Street Technology Association (WSTA) will focus on optimizing cloud-first design
BOSTON – January, 16, 2020 – Tufin® (NYSE: TUFN), a company pioneering a policy-centric approach to security and IT operations, today announced that its General Manager of Cloud, Larry Alston, will speak at the Wall Street Technology Association’s (WSTA®) 'Cloud-First Design' Panel, taking place January 16, 2020 in New York City. The panel, comprised of several industry experts, will share insight into the practical impact, operational impact, and benefits of cloud-native and cloud-first design for financial services organizations.
Who: Larry Alston, General Manager of Cloud, Tufin
What: Session by Wall Street Technology Association (WSTA)
“Cloud-First Design: Leveraging the Cloud”
If you’re like most financial firms, you’ve already made a foray into the cloud. You may be using it for R&D or launched into full-production mode. Nemertes Research marked 2019 as “the year of the cloud”: the year in which more than half of all workloads have moved to the cloud.
But how does the shift to cloud affect your design practices? What are the “gotchas” and speed bumps that early adopters encountered?
This panel of industry experts will share what to do, what not to do, and what to expect in terms of business benefits.
Topics covered will include:
- Cloud’s true cost of ownership: What does it really cost to move workloads to the cloud (including networking and storage costs)? How can financial firms factor that into their workload-placement decisions?
- Leveraging open API platforms, and API management: What are open APIs, and how can they help? How should financial firms think about deploying API management solutions
- Cloud migration: What workloads can and should be moved to cloud? What are the best practices for legacy migration?
- Cloud and cloud security: As the perimeter dissolves, how should cybersecurity practices evolve to embrace the cloud?
- Additional topics include DevOps for cloud and multi-cloud, cloud management platforms, cloud service brokers, Kubernetes, containers, and other key technologies.
When: Thursday, January 16, 2020: 8 – 10:30 a.m. EST
Where: The Yale Club of New York City
50 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY 10017
About the Wall Street Technology Association (WSTA)
The WSTA provides financial industry technology professionals, vendors, service providers, and consultants with forums to learn from and connect with each other. The WSTA facilitates seminars and networking events where members meet and exchange ideas and best practices that assist them in effectively capitalizing on technology advances and dealing with financial industry business challenges.