Acting as a trusted advisor with senior sales leadership and executives, the Deal Desk is a high-visibility role that works on complex deal structures and works across sales, product management, legal, revenue recognition and sales administration to ensure contracts are structured to maximize value.
This is a new function and we are looking for an experienced professional reporting to the VP of Sales Operations.
- Review proposals/quotes and provide Sales with deal structure and pricing guidance to increase profitability and accelerate deal closure.
- Develop innovative deal frameworks that enable commercial best practices around deal structures that adhere to company policies around Revenue Recognition, Discount and Gross Margin targets
- Coach and enable sales on deal strategy.
- Ensure that sales proposals follow established corporate strategies, terms and legal, billing and product configuration.
- Maintain scalable operations and feedback loop to deal stakeholders to increase contract velocity and efficiency
- Analyze historical deals and provide insights to recommend best practices.
- Read and interpret commercial agreement language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies.
- 5+ years working in a deal desk environment and understanding of contracts structure
- 5+ years of experience working with or supporting sales representatives, finance, legal, revenue recognition and operations teams
- Deep knowledge of enterprise software pricing trends, ideally with an understanding of both SaaS and On-Premise software
- Executive-level presentation skills
Location: Boston Office (10 Summer Street, Boston)