The Payroll Specialist will support all duties associated with the accurate processing, recording of payroll, tax compliance and related financial close activities for the Americas at Tufin together with other global tasks as part of the Global payroll team.
This role is part of the Global Payroll team and will work closely with Human Resources and our external 3rd party payroll vendor. This is an opportunity for a highly driven individual who is well-adapted, detail oriented, disciplined and sets a high-quality bar for themselves and their work product. This position offers ability to learn, develop and grow your career working for a dynamic and fast-growing public technology company.
Location: Boston (currently remote)
What will you be doing:
· Gathering payroll data from various relevant sources within the company, such as expenses, commissions, salary changes, etc.
· Manage and administer payroll for employees on our payroll system, including inputting changes, processing weekly and semi-monthly payrolls, and tracking payroll approvals and reporting, ensuring timeline and accuracy.
· Payroll tasks related on/off boarding for new/terminated employees and employee terms changes.
· Process off-cycle payments on an ad-hoc basis
· Reporting and payment to tax authorities and social benefits, including review and distribution of W-2s
· Review reports for federal and state compliance filings
· Reconcile pay data with data entered bank payments balance sheet and GL
· Maintaining control of company payroll files, with strict confidentiality
· Administer Employees Share option plans / RSUs and benefits programs
· Providing service to all employees regarding questions about payroll, troubleshooting any/all inquiries.
· Perform all processing and general ledger functions related to payroll, including but not limited to, balancing and recording all payroll related journal entries, accruals, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, data requests, etc.
· Works closely with cross-functional teams on all payroll processing, general ledger, and tax related tasks, including accounting close.
· Lead payroll related projects including new implementations and integrations and others that may arise
· Develop best practices to improve efficiency of payroll processes
· Review and recommend improvements to existing payroll procedures
· Ensure controls are properly performed within the payroll accounting process.
· Experience in a technology company or global organizations
· Minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience in payroll processing and general accounting
· Bachelor’s degree, Major in Finance or Accounting preferred
· Possess knowledge of payroll-related requirements and regulations
· Must be very flexible, with deliverables changing daily depending on department needs
· Maintain confidentiality in all assignments and in all information obtained
· Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
· Performs with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite with strong excel skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
· Supervisory experience, including excellent knowledge of payroll, legal compliance
· Comfortable with working in multi-interface, fast paced environment
· System experience with TriNet and NetSuite a plus