Reporting directly to the CFO, the primary function of the Director, FP&A will be to manage the day-to-day responsibilities within FP&A. This includes developing and continuously updating a detailed financial budget. As part of the budgeting process, this individual will handle managing the Budget vs. Actuals process. This entails meeting with departmental managers on a recurring basis and providing insight into how they are performing compared to plan (spend, headcount, etc.).
The Director, FP&A is a highly visible role and will be involved in strategic planning, including developing board meeting materials and evaluating potential M&A opportunities. This role will also have a high level of interaction with the Private Equity sponsor.
FP&A works with cross-functional teams to develop, track, and monitor key performance indicators and other critical Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) metrics such as ARR, Retention Rates, LTV, CAC, etc. Given continued growth at Tufin, FP&A is looking to add a senior member to the FP&A team.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a fast-paced, demanding environment. The individual must be detail-oriented with an extreme focus on precision and accuracy.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Develop bottoms-up budget and other financial models
- Understand key drivers of the business
- Provide detailed variance analysis (BvA) and communicate findings
- Coordinate with Accounting on reconciliations and reclassifications
- Serve as key contact with Sales leaders
- Calculate and track financial covenants
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports (MD&A, Compliance Cert., etc.)
- Manage external reporting to Lenders and Private Equity firm
- Monitor trends and convey results to managers and senior leaders
- Make recommendations on ways of driving performance improvements
- Ensure accuracy of numbers by examining deliverables
- Streamline review process
- Prepare board meeting materials
- Analyze market and competitors
- Assist with developing and tracking compensation plans
- Design processes and implement systems
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Corporate Finance, Accounting or Private Equity
- Technology (SaaS) industry experience is preferred
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to breakdown and understand financial results
- Ability to effectively manage several tasks simultaneously with speed and accuracy
- Exceptional computer skills with a range of relevant financial software packages and expert excel skills
- High degree of initiative and results-oriented
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- While this will be mostly a remote role, candidates in the greater Boston area are preferred since it is expected that they would be in the office at least once a week