The Business Development Director plays an important role in creating and managing technology partner relationships. You will initiate and grow relationships with strategic technology partners; manage joint integration and Go To Market discussions; together with your Technical director for BD, liaise with engineering and product management to drive technology integrations; and explore new business opportunities with partners to extend the company's market reach and incremental revenue. You will need to foster joint sales and marketing initiatives and activities with the strategic partners at the field level.
Candidates will be considered based on the following qualifications:
- At least 7 years of business development/ partner alliance management experience, with at least 10 years in business development, product management or engineering management in the enterprise software industry, focused on networking or security
- Excellent working knowledge of the networking and internet security space
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to effectively communicate and coordinate efforts, both internally and externally, across large organizations
- Self-starter with proven ability to execute large and complex relationships in uncertain environments and rapidly changing and emerging markets
- Ability to create and apply new business models
Demonstrated skills and experience in the following:
- Strong Strategic and Tactical Business Development and Partnering skills
- Knowledge of structure, culture and operations of large networking and security companies, examples include Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet, VMware and other emerging partners.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Conceptual to high level technical understanding of networking infrastructure solutions, including firewalls - and the software defined data center
- Ability to communicate joint value proposition internally and to technology partners
- Deep knowledge of various technology partner contracts and negotiations expertise
- Marketing and sales experience preferred
- Drive technology integration discussions with strategic networking & security vendors.
- Identify areas of collaboration across marketing, sales and engineering (product integrations).
- Work across the partner ecosystem and across the Tufin internal team to communicate requirements and ensure partner integrations and Go to Market offerings are prioritized and executed.
- Drive field engagement and joint wins with a subset of our technology partners.
- Build relationships and collaboration cross-functionally inside of Tufin and our key partners.
- Educate & enable the most important groups and individuals inside of our strategic partners so that we create more opportunities to sell with our partners.
- Build & foster C and VP-level relationships, alignment and collaboration. Build joint business plans, drive execution and accountability.
- Work across the Tufin internal team and the partner team to ensure marketing and sales objectives are met
This role will be measured on quarterly MBOs as well as incremental business opportunities and bookings associated with strategic technology partners.
This role has a travel component of approximately 50%.
The Corporate Strategy team works closely with Tufin’s executives to ensure that the company maintains its fast growth trajectory. The team is looking at new and existing growth drivers and enablers across the business and identifies strategies and approaches to achieving them, while driving cross-functional alignment.
What you’ll do: As a Manager, you will lead high impact work-streams and independent initiatives to “hack” Tufin’s long- and short-term growth. Your work will range from developing corporate strategy and defining future business models, to creating acquisition roadmaps and transforming the way we operate across the globe. This position provides unique senior executive exposure, and could be an avenue to further career growth within the business.
- 3+ years of experience at a management consulting firm or within an equivalent corporate strategy group
- Proven track record of leading transformational change with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, while staying focused on the big picture; we are looking for creative thinkers with bias for action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong presence in front of senior executives
- Relentless but relationship driven: skilled in leading interactions that result in good outcomes for all cross-functional teams while maintaining positive tones with all people involved
- Undergraduate degree and MBA
- Experience operating in Cyber Security or IT environments, and a prior understanding of computer networking preferred
- International experience preferred
- Expected travel: up to 20% of time