The Technical Director of Business Development plays an important role in defining, architecting, and managing technology partner relationships. You will work with the Business Development team to establish and grow relationships with key technology partners; manage joint integration discussions; liaise with engineering and product management to drive technology integrations; and find and develop new technical integration opportunities with partners to extend the company's market reach. You will need to drive technology integration initiatives and activities at the field level.
Candidates will be considered on the basis of the following qualifications:
- At least 7 years of technical partner alliance experience, focused on networking and network security
- Experience with NGFW firewall environments, SDN architectures and Cloud
- Prior experience deploying and managing security across public and private cloud environments is a plus
- Experience building custom applications using REST APIs, Java including UI dashboards
- Ability to demo and show case product integrations to technical and business audiences
- Ability to demonstrate a base technical architecture, establish scope and develop POCs for multi-product integrations
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to effectively communicate and coordinate efforts, both internally and externally, across large organizations
- Self-starter with proven ability to execute with large and complex organizations in uncertain environments
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Demonstrated skills and experience in the following:
- Strong strategic and tactical technical architecture development and partnering skills
- Knowledge of structure, culture and operations of large networking and security companies, examples include: Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, VMware, Google, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep technical understanding of networking infrastructure solutions, including firewalls, public cloud and SDN
- Ability to communicate & demonstrate joint value proposition internally and to technology partners
- Has coding skills utilizing RESTFUL APIs, Java, GraphQL, etc.
- Drive technology integration discussions with strategic networking & security vendors.
- Work across the partner ecosystem and across the Tufin internal team to communicate requirements and ensure partner integrations occur and are prioritized and executed.
- Build PoC/Demo code of integrations as needed. Liaise with Tufin engineering and PM on product requirements.
- Support field engagement and help establish joint wins with a subset of our technology partners.
- Build technical relationships and collaboration cross-functionally inside of Tufin and our key partners.
- Educate & enable the most important groups and individuals inside of our strategic partners so that we create more opportunities to sell with our partners.
- Work across the Tufin internal team and the partner team to ensure our technical integrations are market leading
This role will be measured on quarterly MBOs as well as incremental business opportunities and bookings associated with strategic technology partners.