The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for proactively prospecting targeted accounts in a geographic area to develop a pipeline of sales revenue. The Inside Sales Representative’s mission is to uncover interest in Tufin in a defined territory with the goal of delivering sales revenue. In addition, have command of a strong sales process, the ability to utilize whiteboard sales methodology and exceptional documentation/communication of activities through SFDC, Discover Org, and Outlook.
- Execute full-lifecycle sales into mid-market enterprises, from cold-calls to closing.
- Execute phone and email campaigns to generate interest, set new meetings, build a sales pipeline within a defined geographic territory, and hit a closed revenue target, which will be clearly defined at the beginning of each year.
- Responsible for engaging with Partners to drive and close business.
- Leveraging sales and lead generation tools, events, programs and partnering with Channel Partners to identify and qualify potential leads for the sales team.
- Engaging prospects over the phone and via email to qualify them for Web presentations add to the sales pipeline and help in achieving revenue goals.
- Responsible for generating outbound leads, respond to and qualify inquiries and route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales person for further development and closure while achieving monthly and quarterly quota and providing timely and accurate management reports.
- Build and maintain rapport with customers: identify, evaluate, research, and follow up with customer’s needs and/or concerns.
Location: Boston, MA
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must have 3+ years experience in direct sales, telephonic, and web-related skills (with a strong, proactive hunting mentality).
- Knowledge/Experience working in a high-tech environment, preferably from the Cyber security and/or Computer Networking field.
- Must be methodological, highly-organized, self-driven, and motivated, all while maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Must possess the willingness to work a flexible schedule, to support the needs of the business and performance goals across multiple time zones (depending on operational territory).