New Release Enables Security Teams to Automate Change Provisioning and Dramatically Streamline Operations
February 21, 2012 - Tufin Technologies, the market-leading provider of Security Policy Management solutions, today announced release R12-1 of its award-winning Tufin Security Suite (TSS). TSS R12-1 features innovations such as an Interactive Dashboard, Automated Change Provisioning, and a new Policy Analysis interface that further enhances Tufin's unique capability to analyze both network layer and Next Generation Firewall policies.
"The market for firewall management and compliance has matured, and customer expectations are high," said Eric Ogren, principal analyst with the Ogren Group. "At this juncture, innovation and simplicity are key. Something as simple as an automated access request process or the ability to intuitively research historical data can literally transform how network security teams work. Tufin's knack for bringing efficiency to network security management will keep the market expanding and customers happy."
A key innovation of TSS R12-1 is a new Interactive Dashboard that provides instant visibility into an organization's security and compliance posture. It displays risks, recent changes and access rules and objects that need to be cleaned up or optimized. Dashboard widgets provide key performance indicators, scores and trends, and include a variety of filters and views. TSS's new Risk, Change and Cleanup browsers deliver drill down capabilities, empowering administrators to view policy information in context of what they are trying to accomplish.
Other key features include:
- Automated Provisioning of Security Policy Changes: TSS can now automatically execute planned configuration changes on Check Point firewall security policies, delivering end-to-end automation for firewall change management. The system automatically recommends the most optimal policy changes on the relevant firewalls. After the security administrator reviews the recommendation, TSS can automatically provision the configuration change. This capability is separately licensed.
- Enhanced Policy Analysis: a new and intuitive user interface that makes it much quicker and easier to perform sophisticated queries and what-if simulations by object, by time, by device(s), with multiple sources, destinations, services, users and applications.
- Network Topology Enhancements -Network Topology Intelligence now supports Network Address Translation (NAT) to enable precise simulation of address translations.
- Support for Juniper Networks' Network and Security Manager (NSM): SecureTrack now supports Juniper Networks' NSM, and can monitor firewalls via NSM as well as monitor each firewall directly.
- Access Request Forms: TSS R12-1 features a new Access Request form that makes it even faster and easier to request a network access change. Users can now define access requests using IP addresses, subnets, network objects and services as well as users and applications for Next Generation firewalls (currently supported for Palo Alto Networks).
TSS release R12-1 is the first major release of 2012. The next major release will be named R (for Revision) 12 (for 2012) -2 (the sequential number of the release during the calendar year).
"Every conversation we have with a customer reinforces the reality that maintaining a secure and compliant network is a complex, resource-intensive and high risk operation, which is simply impossible to sustain without automation," said Reuven Harrison, CTO and co-founder, Tufin. "TSS cuts the time and cost of business critical functions such as firewall audits and change management by as much as 70%, and the enhancements to TSS R12-1 extend that dramatic ROI by automating additional processes managed by network security teams."
Pricing and Availability
TSS R12-1 will be generally available by February 29, 2012. Pricing starts at $20,000.
About Tufin Technologies
Tufin™ is the leading provider of Security Policy Management solutions that enable companies to cost-effectively manage their firewall, switch and router policies, reduce security and business continuity risks, and ensure Continuous Compliance with regulatory standards. The award-winning Tufin Security Suite provides security teams with powerful automation that slashes the time and costs spent managing change and successfully passing audits. Founded in 2005, Tufin serves more than 900 customers in industries from telecom and financial services to energy, transportation and pharmaceuticals. Tufin partners with leading vendors including Check Point, Cisco, Juniper Networks, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, F5, Blue Coat, McAfee and BMC Software, and is known for technological innovation and dedicated customer service.
For more information visit www.tufin.com, or follow Tufin on: